At this time, the SDHA is extending a Call for Nominations for three (3) Registered Dental Hygienists who are interested in serving on the SDHA Council for a three (3) year term - March 2020 through to March 2023. The election to fill the Council vacancies will occur at the SDHA AGM on Saturday, March 28th, 2020.
The SDHA Council consists of 6 elected dental hygienists and 3 public representatives appointed by government.
Now is the opportune time to consider the difference your participation could make on the SDHA Council. If you or someone you know is interested in contributing their time, talent and wisdom to the growth of the SDHA, please submit the Biography Form (enclosed) to the SDHA office no later than Friday, January 25th 2020.
The SDHA Council is seeking individuals who will:
- support the goals and core values of the organization
- have an understanding that council members, individually and collectively, are stewards for the organization
- discuss the values underlying the actions taken in the organization
- value reasonable risk and innovation to further the organization
- delegate the operational detail to others
- embrace long-term thinking to see the big picture
- participate assertively in deliberation, while respecting the opinions of others
- honor council policies and decisions
- engage in the orientation, training and ongoing study and application of the Policy Governance® model of governance
SDHA Council Role and Responsibilities:
- Attend all Council meetings and the AGM. Council meetings will be held 3-4 times per year at a time mutually agreeable to all
- Provide governance and leadership to the SDHA through administration of the Act, Regulations and By-Laws
- Exercise the rights, powers and privileges of the SDHA
- Establish and monitor registration and continuing competency requirements
- Appoint and oversee the work of the committees established
- Establish and monitor Regulations, By-Laws, Standards of Practice and Competencies
- Provide direction to the Registrar-Executive Director
- Communicate in an e-mail, electronically based, system
The Nomination and Biography Forms are also available on our website at www.sdha.ca, under “About SDHA“, “Work With Us”. Forms may be submitted to the SDHA office via mail, fax or email and must be received in the SDHA office no later than Friday, January 25th 2020.
It is expected that nominees be present at the AGM to introduce themselves and express their desire to be part of the SDHA Council. If you are unable to attend, please contact the Registrar at 306-931-7342 ext. 2 or email@example.com.